Bearing in mind the formation of economic policy and cooperation for the development of the city of Jastrzębie-Zdrój, through the cooperation of the city authorities with representatives of the economic environment, the Jastrzębie Business Council of the second term of office was established by the Mayor of Jastrzębie-Zdrój.
The Council is a voluntary advisory body of representatives of entrepreneurs, business environment institutions and the world of science, operating in Jastrzębie-Zdrój, appointed by the Mayor of the City. Its activity is based on personal and social work of the members involved. The Council expresses opinions and takes initiatives on matters relating to the social and economic development of the city, in particular business and investment activities. Moreover, it is a forum for discussing the most important economic matters related to the city and the region.
The activities of the Council include, among others:
- initiating activities aimed at the economic development of the Jastrzębie-Zdrój commune, in particular the creation of new investments and new jobs,
- cooperation in the creation and implementation of the city development strategy and giving opinions on the existing and new programmes in the field of entrepreneurship and economic policy,
- expressing opinions and positions on the initiatives and decisions of the Mayor of Jastrzębie-Zdrój with regard to the economic development of the city,
- informing about the functioning of entrepreneurs, their problems and expressing opinions on the state of economic development in Jastrzębie-Zdrój,
- taking initiatives supporting and working for the cooperation of the local government with representatives of science and entrepreneurs, with the participation of business environment institutions,
- strengthening the prestige of the business community, including joint economic promotion,
- initiating and supporting economic, promotional, scientific, scientific and technical, educational, cultural and sports activities; activities in the field of environmental protection, charity campaigns, health protection and social assistance as well as other activities for the common good,
- promoting the idea of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) for the benefit of local communities.
The Jastrzębie Business Council of the second term of office is composed of:
- Kazimierz Wawrzyczak,
- Stanisław Bielaszka,
- Andrzej Frysztacki,
- Szymon Marek,
- Teresa Jonas,
- Bartosz Stachurski
- Paweł Gajdzik,
- Janusz Antończyk,
- Sławomir Miłoś.